Friday, July 16, 2010

To bid or not to bid?

So I am writing this post from work with a lot on my mind. I have been at my current job for 2 and a half years now and while I don't love it I don't most days hate it either. Now I am not saying this to toot my own horn but I am well liked in my current department my hours are wonderful and I have my feet dipped in a lot of great projects that really will look good on my resume. I have lately been feeling like I need more not just from work but my life in general I mean I guess I just feel like I have so much potential that I am not using right now. With all of that being said I do like my job and I LOVE the people I work with most days. I work in the health care industry and it is a union company not that this information is all that important but, when new positions in the region become available you bid for the job and then you test for the job then they interview by seniority. 2 job's have become available and I am just not really sure what I should do at this point. Both of the jobs are higher grades they pay several more dollars an hours and might or might not be more fulfilling. At this point in my life I am really struggling with the questions of where do I really belong? What is it that I really want to be doing? Where would I excel as a person? To me working is not about the money I mean it helps but I spend 40 hours a week at work I really want to like what I am doing and there are days that I really do and others that I feel like I'm in a deep hole with no way to get out. I feel like with Mr. R gone this is the time I should be finding myself and taking chances but I really don't know what to do. It really sucks not being able to talk to Mr. R about this, but when we have time to talk there is always something more important to talk about and I don't want him to worry about my happiness he has plenty to worry about right now. I know that we are all human and learning is all about making mistakes but I would hate to end up somewhere that I wasn't happy and feel stuck there ya know?

-Lindsay

1 comment: