Sunday, July 25, 2010

I am...

Today I woke up thinking about 400 days and how long in reality 400 days really is. As of today we are 6 weeks down and 51ish to go, I really don't know how I feel about this right now. On one hand I feel like the 6 weeks has flown by but on the other hand I feel like the next 51 will be completely different. By completely different I mean that he has spent these last weeks in the US and the next few weeks or so he will be here but after that he will be leaving for Iraq. I realize that gone is gone any way you look at it, but mentally knowing he will be "gone to Iraq gone" is something that I kind of have some anxiety about. I am a total planner I plan everything and I mean EVERYTHING and not knowing what this next year has to bring has been rough for me. I have been really productive around the house though, I have had the time (since I have nothing but time now that husband is gone) to work on all the little projects that I always put off doing. I painted the bathroom yesterday and I put together a new huge DVD rack (my husband is a DVD freak we have over 400, he is out of control) so finally we have a rack big enough for all the DVD's and they are no longer in stacks next to the old racks! Lindsey I am also thinking about you today as I know you will be on your way home today and your deployment officially starts today. I am here for you and I look forward to more frequent conversations, I have missed you!! Hang in there, now the count down begins!

2 comments:

  1. The weeks will fly by. We've done like 17(?) weeks and I can't believe it's already been this long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will survive this! Not only will we will survive, we will get this deployment in a sleeper hold and do the mexican tapdance on its face.

    ReplyDelete