Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Not at all how I saw yesterday going.....

So I am finally back from all of my travels and I have no real trips planned again for the next few months. I am more then exhausted it has been 2 crazy full weeks. Seattle as I said in my prior post was such an amazing time and I promise there will be pictures tonight! The FRG weekend meeting in CT was also a good time it made me feel a lot better to meet some of the spouses and families of the guys my husband will be spending the next year with. I met one wife while I was in Seattle briefly and spend much of this last weekend getting to know her and she and her kids are such wonderful people I am so thankful that I had that opportunity. I am looking forward to staying in touch with some of the girls especially the one I spent much of the weekend with as her and my husband will be spending much time together over this next year. I started my day off yesterday with a 4:30 am ish call from my husband he had made it to Kuwait safely thank goodness one less thing to worry about for now, it was so great to hear his voice. I got up showered for work and was leaning in a doorway speaking with my brother and one of his friends (they stayed the night passing through town) and woke up on the floor with my brother and his friend in my face asking if I was ok? I went to the ER where they did a million and one blood tests, an EKG (that showed my heart rhythm is good but my heart is beating slow), 2 bags of IV fluid and 20+ blood pressure checks (they couldn't get my blood pressure up). It was a long day full of Dr's and nurses I was so glad that they finally released me late yesterday afternoon all I wanted to do was be at home. They still are not sure why my heart is beating slow and my blood pressure is so low but I will be wearing a holter monitor for 3-5 days to track my heart so we should maybe know more soon. I am feeling a little better today by no means am I well, I still feel shaky, run down and weak but I am hoping the results of the rest of my blood work will be in today with some answers. I have been under a huge amount of stress and anxiety with the whole deployment and having my life out of whack so to say (my routine is and has been shot since pre-deployment training started). I did finally get the call over the weekend letting me know he was leaving for Kuwait and the call that he arrived safely so he is finally gone and I don't know how I feel about it yet. I know he has been gone for months and months but I could call him and he could call me everyday and now I sit and wait for his calls and never know when the phone will ring and it sucks. I know that I need to find a way to stress less because I now know just how it can effect someone and I'm not going to lie yesterday really scared me I really need to find a routine and some how find relaxation in life. I have been having a lot of issues sleeping lately I have little to no trouble falling asleep but staying asleep is a huge issue, I did speak to the Dr. yesterday about the stress and sleep issues possibly being related to passing out and they said it's possible but again they don't know. I will update as I know more but for now I am feeling a little better and trying to not stress about everything so much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm here for you Lindsay, anytime day or night!! I'm sorry you aren't feeling yourself, and I pray everythings gets resolved soon.